Blood pressure is something that a lot of people don't really think about. On that note, other people that deal with blood pressure problems have to be very aware of the problem and make sure to monitor their blood pressure even at home.
This can be a problem people that suffer with high blood pressure have a hard time figuring out. Between figuring out how to do it at home and figuring out the best blood pressure monitor for at home use it can be a real headache.
There are so many different types of blood pressure monitors out on the market. This can make it hard for people that need to monitor their blood pressure from their own homes to do just that.
Finding the most accurate blood pressure monitor for you can be a pretty large feat. With so many different options online and so many different preferences on your list it can be extremely hard to find an at-home blood pressure monitor that meets your criteria as well as stays in your budget.
Sifting through endless brands, models, and types of the most accurate blood pressure monitors for at home use can give you a headache and feel like an endless journey.
Along with that, a lot of people need a good and inexpensive one fairly soon so they don't have the time to sit and search for one over a long period of time. It can feel pretty hopeless for the people who need one that they like and need it soon.
Along with finding the best blood pressure monitor, not everyone knows how to check their blood pressure from home. So here is the best blood pressure monitors for your at-home use, as well as how to do your own blood pressure check in a step by step guide.
The Best Blood Pressure Monitors for At-Home Use (Quick Look)
- 1. Omron's 10 Series Blood Pressure Monitor: This Omron blood pressure monitor for at home use is a great choice for the mid-level price range. It's also been reviewed as reliable and extremely accurate for its price range. This blood pressure monitor also comes with a large screen that is back-lit as well as other perks.
2. Omron's 7 Series Blood Pressure Monitor: This Omron blood pressure monitor has been reviewed as being discreet unlike a lot of other blood pressure monitor's.This means that this blood pressure monitor is great for places where you would rather have a discreet like work or even a public restroom if necessary.
3. Omron Evolv: Out of a lot of other at-home blood pressure monitors this one is one of the more advanced ones. Since this accurate blood pressure monitor has a lot more sensors it not only gives a more accurate read but it also has the ability to correct your movements and posture to help get you a better read at-home.
4. Great Goods' Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit: This at-home blood pressure is perfect for people who want an easy blood pressure experience. This one doesn't come with any fancy electronic options and is a quick overall experience.
5. Care Touch's Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor: This is one of the fastest blood pressure monitors on the market. As well as being easy and basically hassle free for the person using it.
All in all there are some great options out on the market for the people who need an accurate blood pressure monitor. Not everyone is going to be looking for the same experience in a blood pressure monitor or even the same type of blood pressure monitor.
That is why there are a few different styles as well as the difference in having a more electronic blood pressure monitor to having a more simple blood pressure monitor. If you are looking for a more in-depth information on each of the at-home blood pressure monitors you can find that down below.
More In Depth Look:
The best value blood pressure monitor
---Omron's 10 Series Blood Pressure Monitor:
Like mentioned above this Omron blood pressure monitor for at home use is a great mid-level option for the people that need it. It has high end features at an affordable price. Omron's 10 series blood pressure monitor also offers the ability to be user friendly and generally easy to use. With a bunch of different great features this at-home blood pressure machine is an all around great option for most everybody. Going through the pros and cons will give you more of an understanding about this at-home blood pressure monitor.
- Backlit and Large Display: Having an illuminated display helps the user be able to more clearly and efficiently read the monitor.
- Track Your Statistics with a Free App: You have the ability to track your blood pressure statistics with their free app.
- Included AC Adapter and Battery Pack: You are able to choose between using a battery pack or plugging your blood pressure monitor straight into the wall outlet.
- Easy to Use System: This blood pressure monitor is straightforward and easy to use.
- The Ability to Have Two Users: You are able to have two different users that you can switch between.
- Averages Readings Automatically After Three Readings in a Row: After three readings this blood pressure monitor averages them automatically.
- Compatible with Bluetooth and Amazon Alexa: You are able to connect your blood pressure monitor to Amazon Alexa and ask her questions about your blood pressure.
- No Irregular Heartbeat Detector: This blood pressure monitor does not have an irregular heartbeat detector. If you are looking to track any other heart functions than this blood pressure monitor cannot do that.
This is a great mid-level at-home blood pressure monitor. It's affordable for most people while also offering some high end features. These features include the large backlit display, being able to electronically track your results, and the ability to use the battery pack or plug it into your wall outlet. With all of the great features included into this at-home blood pressure monitor there's a lot that it can do for you.
The best wrist blood pressure monitor
--Omron's 7 Series Blood Pressure Monitor:
If you are looking for something discreet, than the Omron's 7 series blood pressure monitor is a great choice for you. It's quiet, discreet, and compact making it a great choice for the person on the go or looking for something quieter. Along with being discreet and quiet this at-home blood pressure monitor also has other great features. With more pros than cons this is a great choice for a lot of people.
- Comfortable Monitor Cuff: This blood pressure cuff tends to be a lot more comfortable than other at-home blood pressure monitors.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detection: This is one of the at-home blood pressure monitors than will alert you if you have an irregular heartbeat.
- Discreet and Portable: This blood pressure monitor is quiet as well as discreet and portable.
- Automatically Averages Scores Within 10 Minutes of Each Other: Any score taken within 10 minutes of each other are automatically averaged.
- Correct Positioning Alert: A light will alert you when your are in the best position to take your blood pressure.
- Storage Case: The storage case helps it be even more portable and discreet.
- Five Year Warranty: If by any chance your at-home blood pressure monitor doesn't work they all come with a five year warranty.
- No Bluetooth: Without the bluetooth option you cannot link it to any other device. This can be a problem if you are looking to keep track and monitor your blood pressure in that way.
This is a really great option for the busy person or the person who likes their blood pressure monitor without so much noise. The fact that it doesn't have a bluetooth option can be hard for the people looking to track their blood pressure results through an app. Other than that it is a great option for most everybody.
The most accurate blood pressure monitor
The added sensors to the Omron Evolv at-home blood pressure monitor makes this one a really great and accurate option. On top of that, their patented algorithm makes this an even more accurate blood pressure monitor. The added measures to this blood pressure machine give a more relaxed environment while taking your blood pressure. This great option for a blood pressure monitor has more pros than it does cons.
- Lightweight and Thin: This is blood pressure monitor is lightweight and thin making it easy to pack around.
- Track Your Statistics with a Free App: This at-home blood pressure monitor also comes with a free app so that you are able to track your statistics.
- Bluetooth/ Amazon Alexa: It comes with the ability to connect to bluetooth making it possible for you to connect to other devices such as Amazon Alexa.
- Body Position Doesn't Matter: With other blood pressure monitors you have to be in a certain position. This at-home blood pressure monitor gives you the chance to be in whatever relaxed position you want to be in.
- More Accurate: Since this blood pressure monitor has more sensors in then in turn makes it more accurate for every use.
- Unlimited Profiles: As many people can have profiles as is necessary. There is no certain cut off point.
- Able to be Used Over Shirt Sleeves: As well as being in any position you want to be in you also don't have to roll up your sleeves with this at-home blood pressure monitor.
- Not Discreet or Quiet: One not so great thing is that it isn't extremely quiet. This can make it harder to be discreet with it or if you just prefer to have something that is quieter. It isn't overly loud, but being quiet isn't what you could call it either.
This is an extremely accurate and top of the line at-home blood pressure monitor. It has a lot of the features that people are looking for all in a thin and lightweight design. Some features to help with accuracy like extra sensors and a top of the algorithm to make it extremely more accurate than some of the other models. If accuracy is something you are really trying to achieve then this is a great choice for an at-home blood pressure monitor for you.
The most user-friendly blood pressure monitor
--Greater Goods' Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff Kit:
If you are looking for an at-home blood pressure monitor that is user friendly then Greater Goods blood pressure monitor cuff kit is a great one to go with. The greatest aspect about it is that it is so user friendly and revolves around just that. With the main goal being user friendly and accurate this at-home blood pressure monitor has far more pros than it does cons to make it one of the more user friendly models for at-home blood pressure monitors.
- Transport and Storage Made Easy: With this blood pressure monitor they made sure that storage and travel were made easy.
- More Than One Power Option: You have the option between plugging into a wall outlet or going with the battery pack power option.
- Each Reading is Timestamped: To help you record your results each reading is timestamped so that you know exactly when it happened.
- Irregular Heartbeat Patterns are Detected: A great thing about this blood pressure monitor is that it detects irregular heartbeat patterns.
- Organized and Easy to Read Display: This comes with a large, bright, and organized display screen so that it is easier for you to navigate with your blood pressure monitor.
- Easy One Button Operation: It can't get more user friendly than a one button operation. All you have to do is press the start/stop button and then you have your results.
- You Have To Manually Record Your Results: There is not a way for you to send your data electronically to anywhere else. If you want to record your data then you have to do it manually which isn't the greatest option.
This is probably one of the most user friendly at-home blood pressure monitors around. With the easy one button operation and the large, organized, and easy to read display they make it as easy as possible to get the readings that you need without any hassle. As well as the comfortable blood pressure cuff this machine can be described as one of the best blood pressure monitors. Their definite goal was to be user friendly and they met that above and beyond.
The fastest blood pressure monitor
--Care Touch's Fully Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor:
This last at-home blood pressure monitor is easy to use while also remaining fast. It's a great option for anybody who values having a large screen with the importance of being a user friendly blood pressure monitor. The blood pressure monitors reviews show that the pros and cons go into more depth on the importance of being user friendly and fast.
- Portable and Small: This at-home blood pressure monitor is not only small but it is portable for the people on the go.
- Interpret Your Results with a Color Coded Bar: The color coded bar is a fast and reliable way to quickly check if your blood pressure measurements are in the normal range.
- Large Display: The large display helps you to quickly and easily check your blood pressure results without any hassle.
- Fast Response Time (60 Seconds): It only takes a minute to get your blood pressure results back. Making this at-home blood pressure monitor one of the fastest ones.
- Fits Most Wrist Sizes: You don't have to worry about your wrist home blood pressure monitor not fitting because their wrist cuff fits most sizes.
- One Year Satisfaction Guaranteed Warranty: If you realize that this isn't the blood pressure monitor for you or that something isn't working properly you can easily get your money back with the one year satisfaction guaranteed warranty.
- No Wall Outlet Option: The one thing about this blood pressure monitor is that it doesn't have an A/C function to allow you to plug it into your wall outlet. The only way to get power to your blood pressure monitor is through a battery pack.
This is a great example of a user friendly and affordable at-home blood pressure monitor. Making it a great fit for a lot of different people, as well as making this one of the best wrist blood pressure monitors. With the large display screen, fast response times, and the color coded bar to help you quickly interpret your results it is one of the most user friendly models for at-home blood pressure monitors. As well as being user friendly they also succeeded at being accurate and fast. This is a great all around option for being looking for something accurate, fast, and simple for their everyday use.
How to Do a Step by Step Blood Pressure Check:
For a lot of people that have to do their own blood pressure at home it can be confusing. Even if you got training from your doctor you can still have questions or even forget the steps you are supposed to take. So here is a general step by step guide on how to take your blood pressure at home. Remember that this is a general guide and that each blood pressure monitor is different.
- 1. Locate Your Pulse:
- You first have to start off by locating your pulse. You can do this by gently pressing your index and middle fingers into the center bend of your elbow. If you can't find your pulse you can see if your at-home blood pressure monitor can find it in the same area.
- 2. Secure the Blood Pressure Monitors Cuff:
- If you have an arm cuff then make sure it is on your arm and same for the wrist cuff. Make sure that you have the correct size and that it is in the correct position. Your at-home blood pressure monitor should have instructions on it to show you exactly where it needs to be and what sizes are correct for each person. Finally, make sure that the blood pressure monitors cuff is secure and snug but not too tight.
- 3. Start the Blood Pressure Monitor:
- Again this is different for each blood pressure monitor. The instructions on your should show you how you can start your blood pressure monitor. It will inflate and deflate automatically to the required pressure and will then show you your results. If you are having trouble with your at home blood pressure monitor you can always schedule and appointment with your doctor or call the company of your blood pressure monitor if you think that it is something wrong with the monitor itself.
- 4. Record Your Results:
- Keeping a detailed record of your results is important when it comes to blood pressure. Recording your results is also different depending on the type of at-home blood pressure monitor you have. Some of them will have an app to allow you to send your results electronically and other ones will not. If you have one that doesn't have that feature than you will need to record your results manually into a notebook.
Most of the best home blood pressure monitors will have a guide to help you and will come with minimal things that you need to do. That is the greatest thing about automatic at-home blood pressure monitors and that fact that they can keep the whole situation fairly simple for you. Most of the at-home blood pressure monitors will only require you to put the cuff in the right area and have the correct cuff size for the most accurate reading. Beyond that, it is just usually a start and stop button and then you just need to make sure that your results were recorded.
Every blood pressure monitor is different from the next and this can sometimes be hard to figure out. The best way to get help with checking your blood pressure from home is to contact your doctor or an at-home nurse to help you make sure that you are doing everything in a way that it is getting accurate results if you are having trouble understanding the instructions on your at-home blood pressure monitor. If you have any questions or concerns about your blood pressure you should also contact your doctor or an at-home nurse. Some of these questions may include a few different blood pressure readings that weren't normal or even if you need assistance with your blood pressure monitor.
They will help you understand any questions or concerns that you may have concerning your blood pressure. If you have questions or concerns with the at-home blood pressure monitor then it is always a good idea to contact the company from where you go the blood pressure monitor and reach out to their customer service to help you resolve the problem. The companies customer service may help you understand the problem or even replace a faulty blood pressure monitor if they decide that it needs to be replaced.
There are a lot of great options for at-home blood pressure monitors out there. Each and every person is going to have different requirements or even different preferences when it comes to an at-home blood pressure monitor and what that blood pressure monitor offers. Some people like an arm cuff that is user friendly and other people like a wrist blood pressure monitor that is more technology advanced. Whatever the preference may be there is an accurate blood pressure monitor for at home use that meets most of your criteria.
Along with finding the best blood pressure monitor that meets your preferences it also has to meet your budget. A lot of different blood pressure monitors come in different price ranges. You just have to make sure you find the one that you are wanting but also making sure that you can afford. If you are having trouble affording one, but you cannot go without one then talk to your doctor about it. Your doctor may know of some programs that help people just like you be able to afford the medical necessities that you need for a lower cost or even no cost at all.
Finding the most accurate blood pressure monitor for you as well as having it in the right price range can be hard. I recommend searching for one that has the most criteria on your list of preferences that you can find and having it in the right price range. It is very rare that you can get everything you want on your list of preferences while remaining in your price range so keep it in mind that you may have to give up something on your list of preferences to get an all around good at-home blood pressure monitor in your budget.
Finally, if you are having trouble getting accurate results from your at-home blood pressure monitor then you need to reach out and get some assistance with it. If you feel that you are not understanding how to properly take your blood pressure from home then don't hesitate to reach out to your doctor or to an at-home nurse that can help you get a better understanding on how to take your blood pressure from home so that you get a more accurate result. There are also blood pressure monitors out there that don't need you to be in a certain position to make it easier on you to get a more accurate result.
If you feel that you are doing is correctly but the blood pressure machine itself seem to be acting up then don't hesitate to call the company where you got it from and talk to customer services. A lot of the time they can help you fix it or even offer you a new one to make up for the faulty one you may have received. Don't be afraid to reach out and get assistance on the things that you need fixed regarding your at-home blood pressure monitor.